01 March 2007

March status

OK, so here are the pictures of the priority-project (the very pink thing), and the next-in-line project, my QD-quilt (the rather brown thing ... which will be brower still as it is sewn together).
Not very good pictures, but ... pictures.
And I'm posting them, so that when I get discouraged over my slow progress, I can go back and check this page and actually see just how much (or how little) has been achieved so far during March.
Right now, I think I'll be doing this every first of a month, but I know I very probably won't :-)
I will post when I think significant movement has been made on either project.

And the next significant move on the pink thing is, when the centre is actually sewn together. As you see it here, it is just laid out on the floor.
I'll keep you posted :-)
And did I tell you that the QD quilt has a name ?

It has :-)

It's a quote from Northanger Abbey, chapter 14, but to ease your way (and not make you feel that you have to read the entire chapter ... or the book for that matter) here is the passage from which I am culling the name of this quilt :

"The advantages of natural folly in a beautiful girl have been already set forth by the capital pen of a sister author; and to her treatment of the subject I will only add, in justice to men, that though to the larger and more trifling part of the sex, imbecility in females is a great enhancement of their personal charms, there is a portion of them too reasonable and too well informed themselves to desire anything more in women than ignorance."
J. Austen "Northanger Abbey" chapter 14
Sharp, wasn't she ?
ANYways, I've settled for just the very first part of the passage : "The advantages of natural folly" :-)

No comments: