06 October 2007

Testing blocks

Sometimes, I want to make blocks. Not to finish a project or even to start a project. Just make 1 or 2 or 10 blocks for the joy of making them, or for testing fabrics, colours ... whatever. Eventually these blocks land in BOB and might (and might not) turn into something useful one day. I give myself that leeway :-) it is necessary for my comfort.
Yesterday was one of those days where I really "needed" to do "something else", so I decided to go with some already printed bits, and test a block I've actually been wanting to see "real life" for some time.
Now, most people know about the Dolly Madison's star block, but how many of you know, that her husband had a block named for him too ?
Another star-block :-)

I found it in Hall and Kretsingers : "The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt in America", plate XXIII, no 5. A not very good black-and-white picture
So, with Inklingo # 3 coming out, this was the perfect time to do one or two, and here is what "Madison's Patch" looks like in colours :

And now you know too. That it is there, and what it looks like, both in two colours and in 3.
And what with printing the templates on the fabric with Inklingo, they are a breeze :-)

1 comment:

Cathi said...

The block looks wonderful!