17 August 2011

Here comes the Sun(flowers) 5

SO, circular 4-patch in the centre, version 2. There is no green in the centre, and still the block reads 'too green' to my eyes.
And I think I have broken the 'code' on when I think a block is 'too green' : When the inner and outer triangle on the pieces for the 12" block are too alike, the block reads as 'too green' for me. Strange but true.
Well. At least I now know what to avoid :-)

And then Paula asked if these blocks will go into a big quilt. Well ... depends :-) Right now, I enjoy making them. I am trying to stick to a sort-of colourway (green for all outer triangles, pink-orange-yellow mostly for the inner bits, and in the fullness of time, I think (but haven't decided firmly yet), that they will be set on various blue backgrounds. How big the quilt will end up, all depends on how long I think it is fun to make them, experiment with colourplacement and the like. So : Yes, Paula, they will end up in a quilt ... eventually :-) But when and how big no-one knows.

On to the next one.

2 comments:

Mitt lille rosa syrom said...

Another cutie ;)

Laura said...

I don't think it is strange at all. I agree with your too green theory, but I love all the blocks you've shown anyway! :O)