Yeee-ees, I do realize that I'm a couple of weeks behind on that wish, but I have reason ! The entire family has been sick, in shifts, more or less constantly since just after Christmas, and DH (poor dear), only got out of his bed yesterday.
All the same : Here's wishing you a happy and blessed New Year. May all your points meet, your straight seams be straigt, and may your seam-ripper gather dust.
On top of everyone being down with some sort of flu (or tummy-bug ... or both ... yuk) winterexams have started, so I spent the better part of what is called "day-time" at this point of they year last week, examining poor undergraduates, and will spend the coming week and a half the same way.
SO, not much has been done. Of any kind. Except survival.
BUT, I am keeping up with the quilting. One thread a day, most days more (apart from the 4 days where I had cut my right hand thumb and couldn't). And even if you cannot see the progress on this picture, compared to former posts, you can at least see, that the quilt is already critter-tested and approved.That's our shy, black lady "Sorte", taking her midday nap today. I got up to fix myself some lunch, and when I got back ... well ... no quilting. At least not know. I'll get it back when, later in the evening, I open a tin of cat-food.
And yesterday I sat down and played a bit, and two new Jane-blocks were created. G-1, Hattie's Hen-House and G-2, Mohawk Trail ... question is, should I continue this and make G-3, Four Leaf Clover ? That one is all applique, so it might be a nice distraction from the handquilting.
The blocks here are 6".
I printed out the 4½" size and blanched. And I've even made the whole Jane-quilt in that size ! Don't know why it suddenly seems extremely small ... but it does. So, 6" blocks it is.
Will it be a "complete" Jane-quilt ?
Probably not. I'm doing another long-term swap with Martha, and seeing that neither of us have very firm ideas about how much, for how long, or any of the other wh's, lets see how far it goes :-)
The theme for us this time around is "bright" ... which isn't as easy to achieve as one might think ! at least not if you want any sort of pattern to be clearly defined.
On the top one, G-1, Hattie's Hen House,, I had plans (hopes ? dreams ?) to use my Curve-Master foot, but ... that didn't work. And yes, it was an operator-error rather than a hardware error. I'll learn. Eventually :-) SO, the two parts that could be joined by straight seams, outside and centre, were pieced on the machine, and then the top was applied to the bottom.
The bottom-block was made with the aid of Inklingo (shape-collection # 2) and seeing that it is a 6" block, I just printed HST (Half-Square-Triangles) on the light fabric.
I printed one piece, 5.25 x 10.25". That gave me 16 triangles with a finished size of 1½" Add the coloured fabric, and you have the 32 triangles that makes this block.
Very simple. Very precise.
And that was the update from me today. Don't hold your breath for the next one. Even with (most of) family (mostly) healthy again, odds are that I'll not be blogging again until exams are well and truly over. And that's not for another 10 days.