03 May 2010

Award ???

Berit at Mit Lille Rosa Syrom has given me an award ... and I haven't got the foggiest idea who to pass it on to, because 7 is both too many and too few.
I follow, and check in on, quite a few blogs, and I really don't know which ones I enjoy the most.

SO, if you have a quilty blog, and want an award, please copy the picture on Berit's blog ('cause I can't seem to be able to do it), and put it on your own blog, and then ... tell us all 7 things about yourself, and here comes the worst part : They are to be INTERESTING things !!!

And in order to be able to pass the award on to you, I now need to tell you 7 interesting things about me ... and there really isn't all that much to tell. SO I've decided to tell you ,who read this blog, something you might not know about me already.
  1. In 11 grade, I knitted a full-lenght skirt in bold cotton colours and with oodles of primitive patterns ( the style is called Hønsestrik in this country, and you can find pictures of the general style here). That was the beginning of a hitherto constant joy : Knitting.
  2. I am allergic to most scents.
  3. I started quilting in 1998, because I had a STUNNING stash of probably 10 F/4s that I bought, just because I loved the fabric. Yes, I know, TEN fat-quarters !!!
  4. I love pink. Any shade of pink, really. Probably a rather pathetic attempt to overcome the total lack of pink from my childhood; my mother didn't approve of 'gendered' colours, so pink was a no-no, and I was continually dressed in 'blue is always nice'.
  5. I love Jane Austen, and re-read the novels frequently. Not because of the plots, but because of the elegance and economy of language, and because she has such a sharp eye for human foibles, and is able to dress them up in a way that makes you forgive not only the rest of the world, but yourself as well.
  6. I speak 2 modern languages fluently, can handle myself adequately in 3 more, and read yet another 3, for a total of 8 modern languages.
  7. I can also read 8 dead languages (with the aid of a dictionary and a grammar)
... I hope there was something in there that you find interesting and/or at least one thing that you didn't know about me before :-)

1 comment:

Mitt lille rosa syrom said...

I think these were very interesting facts! Thank you for playing along ;-)