17 October 2009

Passacaglia # 19

FI-nally another Passacaglia-block finished.
I'm not so sure about this one.
The start of it was the fussy-cutting of the striped circles, and now I have a block, where every element seems to be in competition with every other element, clamoring for attention.
... And, as it turned out, this is the only block with no green anywhere on it.

Oh, well. It will probably go into the mix all the same. That is the beauty of making a scrappy-style quilt, even when each block is as controlled as these are. As I've heard Kaffe Fasset say "When in doubt, use 20 more colours". So ... 20 more pinks should just about do the trick :-)

4 comments:

quiltcontemplation blogspot said...

I love the very pinkness of this one. and the brown looks like a cousin of green, nice.

Cathi said...

I think it's gorgeous! Martha's right -- the brown does sort of look like a cousin to green. :)

Jody said...

Very wild!! Love it!

The Style Report said...

Lovely blog yoou have